3.31.2009

MORE REGARDING FOOD.

The reasons that I love food are a little deeper than others, I think. For most it seems to be a regular routine with options to like or not like.
I don't feel the same way.
I feel that food deserves a lot more respect than it's given. By this I mean Donut Shops and Hot Dog Carts should be held in the same regards as any restaurant thats pumping out whatever trendy food is dominating menus at the time.

I've never been a fan of cooking trends mostly because history proves them to be only that for the most part. For me, the act of cooking, the preparation, the routine is what I feel so much enjoyment from. It feels good to be a part of something with some historical backbone. Besides....the oldest recipes are the most fun to cook.

I have to have fun when I cook. I have to feel connected to the product as well as the intended target.

I feel great when I am able to make something classic that turns out perfect. Most of what I do is based upon some seriously old techniques and to be able to tap into that is a pretty cool thing.

When you make bread, you have to treat it with such care and respect that it becomes closer to you than other cooking.

Desserts are the most fun to do because you're pretty much required to have a youthful attitude.

It feels alot more satisfying knowing that I pleased someone. You see, lots of people think making desserts is an easy gig because they think it's easy to please people. But people are as picky with desserts as they are with eggs and if you don't come through, well.........just like with eggs, they'll eat them but they wont really LIKE them

I'm pretty over berries as an arbitrary garnish. Just because it's a dessert does not mean it needs to have a raspberry next to it. Work a little harder.

Ice creams and sorbets should be treated the same way as soups.......If you have some leftovers....freeze that shit and sell it.

I'm starting a new job tomorrow and it looks to be a lot better than the last one. I hope.

The place that I was working was not a very nice place to work. I just didn't feel comfortable and I'm pretty sure that the management wasn't very comfortable with me either.I hope for better things at my new job.


I don't have many strong feelings about any hip hop right now other than B.o.B. aka Bobby Ray. I think that this guy is an inch from being something really great.If he doesn't break large within the next couple of months, then I'm gonna be pretty upset. He's doing cool stuff. For real.

When nothing inspires you anymore, that's when it all falls apart.

No comments: