12.21.2008

TIMES CHANGE. LIFE GOES ON.

I'm gonna say right now that I'm confident with my skills a foodservice professional but the only person that I'm going to bend over backwards for is myself. I was pretty lit when I made my last post but my feelings remain the same. I'd rather have fun working with my friends for less money than be treated like punk for a lot of money. Money. That was a major motivation for me taking the job I took. I'm not very proud of that but once again, I bought what the guy was selling. I definitely had stars in my eyes but have since come to the conclusion that it's not worth being absolutely miserable for a paycheck. Especially when other options are available. I'm glad that I have the support of my lovely girlfriend because without her, I'd be in a really fucked up state of mind.

Maybe this would be a good time to get to a few of the restaurant industry related topics I've been meaning to address. I've got a little more time now.

Unfortunately, bloggers seem to have become a credible source for reviews on restaurants and food in general. This bugs me but I'm not sure why. I don't know if I can get behind the review if I see it on a blog. I guess that would depend on the blog though. I dunno.......I have vague feelings against the anonymity of the internet. Any jagoff can have a blog.....look at me, for example. Who knows what some of these food bloggers do for a living? Don't give me any crap story about them doing it because they just love food either. If someone is writing about RESTAURANTS, I need to know that they are explicitly familiar with the restaurant as a workplace. They'd have to be currently working in the field for me to give any time to their review. Anyone else's opinion is suspect.

Of course everyone is entitled to their opinion and I'm all for people doing it, but I'm not gonna take just any review on face value.

Unrelated rap jam.

No comments: