12.14.2008

HOLY SHIT.

I sure am worn out. I've been working a lot and trying to keep up the good work I've been doing. I'm happy with the desserts but improvements could be made. I need some good help soon as well as some better space to work with. Plating during service can be a real beast and last night was no exception. The whole weekend was rough since we had a party of 33 with a separate tasting menu on Friday and a party of 30 on Saturday with the same setup. Both parties had different desserts and the Saturday party had a choice of two. All of this is aside from our busy ass weekend service which was in the 120's on both nights. 

I need a more experienced assistant. That would be a good start. Having to teach someone how to properly scoop ice cream is irritating as fuck when it's getting to be like 8:30 and orders are piling up. A lot of the stuff I do takes quite a bit of practice and my assistant is a student as well as a serious rookie as far as kitchen operations are concerned.  She's doing a pretty good job though. We'll be starting lunch service and I'll need one more person so if I can get someone in who knows more general stuff, I can shuffle the two around a bit to get more work done. Or I should say better work done. I can't take time right now to make a lot of the little stuff to garnish plates or just stuff to have around like madelines  and palmiers or extra sorbets and ice creams. That will come soon though. I have faith in my abilities.

I need a day off too.

There hasn't been a RFTC jam up here for a while so here's one now.

No comments: