11.11.2008

TRACK THE MOVEMENT

So.....I left my job of several years on Sunday to join the ranks of a new restaurant owned by a bona fide celebrity chef. Chef Robert Gadsby has asked me to be the Pastry Chef at his new place. This move is undoubtedly the biggest move I have ever made in my career so I'm pretty nervous but excited at the same time. If I just do me I should be in great shape. This restaurant will give me the chance to get some shine and make some wild desserts at the same time. I can't wait to start cooking there.

Yesterday was my first full day of work at Bedford and it was spent lifting ovens onto tables, crawling under coolers and peeling plastic protective film off of tons of stainless steel tables, shelves and walls. I actually start cooking tomorrow. Today is the day that I'll be picking up all of my storage equipment and placing all of my orders for produce and dry goods. The soft opening is on Thursday and it will be very hard to pull off without problems, but I am aiming for a reasonably hassle free experience. 

I'll post my menu  and some photos at a later date........in the meantime, here's some Lord Finesse for you.


No comments: