8.01.2008

80's Jams

Man.....I don't give a fuck what anyone says, I'ma get with some 80's records. It doesn't hurt my enthusiasm that I got a gang of primo hits for a buck either. Here's a rundown of my haul......all on 45.

* Animotion - "Obsession"
* Taco - "Puttin' On The Ritz"
* Peter Schilling - "Major Tom (Coming Home)"
....This alone is worth the dollar to me.
* Blondie - "The Tide Is High"
...with cover art
* Cyndi Lauper - "She Bop"
* Los Lobos - "La Bamba"
* Men Without Hats - "Safety Dance"
* Wang Chung - "Dance Hall Days" & "Everybody Have Fun Tonight"
(an admittedly crappy song, but it was with the rest of them. I really don't like the idea of people thinking I like that song....cuz I don't. "Dancehall Days" is a banger though.)
* Madonna - "Crazy For You"
* Dexy's Midnight Runners - "Come On Eileen"
(Those dudes were The Decemberists before The Decemberists were. Overalls and banjos and shit?! Word UPPP!)
* Madness - "Our House"
* Sheila E. - "The Belle Of St. Mark" b/w "Too Sexy"
( I'm only including the b-side because Ms. E provides a sick percussion solo towards the end. B-Boy-eriffic!!!)

I'm gonna pause to comment on how much I dig Sheila E......She was the coolest out of all of the Prince chicks because she had real talent other than her looks. Vanity, Appollonia, and let's not forget Sheena Easton were all pretty much puppets that Prince was tapping but Sheila E. was in his BAND. That alone gives her endless credibility. If you ever get a chance to see her tear up a drum, take it. Not to mention she's fine as hell to this day. Where the fuck are the rest of them sluts? I read that Vanity lived with Nikki Sixx and smoked rock every day. Now, Prince is a weirdo, but that is a step straight into the gutter. She's a christian now and literally denies the fact that her past ever happened. Sheila E. on the other hand, is still wrecking it on the drums and at least appearing to be having a blast. Oh yeah, Fallon thinks that she's Nicole Ritchie's real momma. I can sorta see that.
E2
Ahem.....

* Corey Hart - "Sunglasses At Night"
* Simple Minds - "Don't You (Forget About Me)"
* The Pointer Sisters - "Slow Hand"

Now, the last three on the list aren't too good. Well, I guess the Simple Minds song is pretty awesome but I never really got into the Pointer Sisters and Corey Hart sucks.

Finding these records has gotten me re-geeked on 80s jams. I was about 8-12 years old when all of these came out so I have pretty good recollection of hearing them the first time around. I can't wait to DJ some 80s night under the name of......

DJ Blane McDonough
Blane

ORRRRR.......

DJ Duckie Dale
Duckie

I think I'm leaning towards Duckie.

No comments: